Reports To: Service Delivery Manager
The IT Consultant position, will be ideal for one who enjoys a consultative approach to solving problems with a passion for providing an exceptional client experience. ESW IT Consultants enjoy a fun, fast paced, highly supportive team environment that offers rapid skill growth through exposure to a multitude of IT and Business technologies.
E.S. WILLIAMS & ASSOCIATES INC.
ESW is an established IT Consulting Firm providing end to end IT services and solutions to small, midsized, and enterprise businesses. At ESW, we are focused on helping clients achieve their goals to drive strategic business value from IT. We are a Microsoft Gold Partner and have forged strong relationships through many other industry leaders; including Dell, Lenovo, Sonicwall, and Kaspersky. Employees are a valuable resource and we recognize this through a generous benefits package, training opportunities and attractive bonus incentives.
Consultants will receive exposure in the following areas:
- IT infrastructure design, implementation, and support
- Setup/configure/deploy/troubleshoot, servers, networks, desktops, mobile devices (on site and in the cloud), with a focus on utilizing technology to achieve business objectives
- Project implementation and planning
- Provide on-site client support to specified clients
- In consultation with the client, define system needs and specifications for new implementations based on analysis of business needs regarding work flows, access, information and security.
- Identify and present improvement areas within our customers’ businesses
- Work with new technologies (SharePoint, Lync, Hyper-V, Office 365)
- Solve complex problems
- Plan/Implement small to complex projects
- Self manage day to day IT needs of assigned clients with complex environments and/or advanced technologies.
- Other duties as assigned
- Will take day-to-day direction from the IT Consultant Lead
- Mentor and coach other technical team members in researching and resolving issues and implementing industry best practices
- Communicate effectively with clients and co-workers and are passionate about providing a great client experience
- Consultants will come into contact with customers from all industries, these contacts can include:
- Administration staff / middle management
- Executive management
- Physicians, Allied health professionals, Professional Unions & Associations, Non-profits
- Other consultants with different skillsets
- Other technology vendors
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Two or more years of experience in a client-facing, technical support/consulting role.
- A background in Microsoft based environments, with strong Server and Network Skills
- Experience in the following areas:Post-secondary education in a computer related discipline is desirable.
- Windows Server 2003/2008/2008R2/2012
- Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007/2010
- Microsoft SQL 2005/2008, SharePoint, Terminal Services, Citrix
- Virtualization Hyper-V, VMware
- Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity
- Advanced knowledge of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN)
- MCP, MCTS, MCSE, MCITP, CSSA, CCNA, CCA, CCAA, and other industry certifications are desirable
- Alternatively, an appropriate combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- This role can be physically demanding at times in regards to carrying, setting up and servicing of hardware weighing up to 50 lbs. in a variety of office environments.
- This role requires good time management skills and an ability to work with minimal supervision
- On-Site Response: Consultants will spend much of their time onsite working with clients.
- Successful candidate will need to provide and maintain a vehicle for travel to client sites – mileage is reimbursed by clients outside of city limits.
- Professional Development is available for all team members – information from online resources, colleagues, training courses, certification training and conferences
- Competitive Benefits and Bonus package offered
- No co-workers report to the IT Consultant
- This role is being advertised to fill positions that may become available on a regular basis and is not tied to a specific job ID
- Background checks and other assessments are a requirement of employment
- Compensation for this job will be based on the successful applicant’s qualifications and experience.
To apply for this position, have your resume and cover letter ready to attach, and hit “Apply Now” below.
In your cover letter, kindly include:
- Where you saw this position advertised
- If you were referred to this position, the name of the ESW co-worker who referred you.
Only applicants eligible to work in Canada will be considered.
To apply, select the “Apply Now” button below. However, if you use web-based email, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.