Reports To: Service Delivery Manager
Business Area: Field Solutions
E.S. Williams & Associates Inc.
ESW is an established IT Consulting Firm providing end to end IT services and solutions to small, midsized, and enterprise businesses. At ESW, we are focused on helping clients achieve their goals to drive strategic business value from IT. By combining our industry experience, technical expertise, proven implementation methodologies with the right infrastructure and tools — we can decrease costs and complexity and increase IT innovation. ESW proudly promotes its Core Values of Courageous Spirit, Servant Heart, and Fun Attitude.
- This is a part time role with a minimum average of 100 hours per month, but additional tasks each month may provide more hours.
- This position could take you to client sites in Northern, Central and Southern Alberta.
- Assist our clients by working on a variety of IT-related projects, providing additional or backfill coverage when required, and providing hardware, infrastructure, and/or application support functions in the field. Support can be expected to be provided both in person as well as remotely.
- This is a permanent role working rotating shifts
- This position will require travel to remote sites, working one or two weeks onsite.
- You will be supplied with a mobile device to ensure our clients have support at all times.
- The successful candidate must be client centric (internal or external) and must have excellent client service skills
- Work may include deployment and support of hardware and/or applications, break-fix support, solutioning and troubleshooting, as well as other related tasks required for the assigned role.
- These functions may be performed in a team environment or independently, depending on the location and the requirements of the work being performed. These functions may be performed with support and assistance from other dedicated support teams (such as infrastructure or application support groups) at the client corporate offices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Client Infrastructure Groups – These individuals may assist with ongoing operational and project-related work
- Client Project Managers and/or Business Analysts – These individuals may provide direction regarding ongoing project-related activities
- Clients in the field – Your daily contact will be with the individuals working at the client’s field sites
- Other members of the ESW team
- This position will require the successful candidate to stay in client-provided camps or hotels on a regular basis
- This position will require the successful candidate to travel extensively
- Camps supplied by the client have a zero tolerance policy regarding drugs and alcohol (dry camps)
- This position requires the successful candidate to be physically capable of lifting up to 70 lbs.
- The successful candidate must be capable of operating a motor vehicle and have a clean driver’s abstract
- Schedule will vary depending on location being supported
- Unscheduled or after hours support may occasionally be required
- The successful candidate must comply with the safety standards of ESW and/or its clients
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of MS Windows OS, MS Office products, PC hardware, networking, printers, personal wireless devices, and remote access (Citrix, RSA, VPN) are required
- Supervision of third-party contractors performing IT-related installations or maintenance may be required
- Post-secondary education in a computer related discipline such as a Computer Engineering Technology diploma and at least 3 years’ experience in a technical support role OR an appropriate combination of education and experience required
- CompTIA A+, Network + and PDI+ certifications are desirable
- Experience working within ticketing/tracking software is required.
- Point to Point Wireless experience, app virtualization knowledge, would be valuable skills
- Project coordination experience, and system deployment knowledge would be valuable skills for the candidate to possess
- Telephone, fax, data, and wireless radio communications support for remote facilities and offices may be required
- Network and fiber optic cable installation and termination experience are desirable
- Candidate must be client focused and possess advanced client service skills
- Proficient verbal and written English skills are required
- Candidates must be capable of contributing in a team environment, and be competent working independently
- Candidates will be required to work efficiently under pressure and remain calm in stressful circumstances
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills are required
- Candidates must possess high ethical standards and be trustworthy
- Candidates must have the ability to think logically and be capable of analyzing complex problems
- No co-workers report to the Field Services Consultant
- Oil and Gas industry experience preferred
- Background checks and other assessments are a requirement of employment
- Required safety certifications include First Aid, H2S, and WHMIS. These must be obtained prior to traveling to any client field sites. Other safety certifications may be required by certain clients.
- Client specific assessments (i.e. drug testing) may be required.
In your cover letter, kindly include:
- Where you saw this position advertised
- If you were referred to this position, the name of the ESW co-worker who referred you.
Only applicants eligible to work in Canada will be considered.